Problems or concerns about dogs, or any other animal issues should be directed to the main number at the police station.
The animal control officer will be notified and advised of the problem, and will respond accordingly.
DOG OWNER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Remember to license your dog for the current year by February 28 to avoid the late fee of $25.00 per dog.
- After March 1st the Animal Control Officer may write additional fine(s) per dog (6 months or older, or within 30 days of obtaining the dog) for not complying and obtaining current year dog license; fines are 1st Offense – $25.00; 2nd Offense – $50.00; 3rd and Subsequent Offenses – $100.00.
- Additionally the Animal Control Officer may issue fine(s) for up to $100.00 per animal, for not having a current rabies vaccination for a domestic animal; reference G.L. CHAPTER 140, §145(b) AND 145(f).
- MAYNARD HAS A FULL 24 HOUR LEASH LAW, NO DOGS CAN BE ALLOWED OFF LEASH WHEN NOT ON ITS OWNER’S PROPERTY. LEASH IS DEFINED AS A STANDARD OR RETRACTABLE PHYSICAL LEASH.
- NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED ON ANY SCHOOL PROPERTY OR CHILDREN’S PARKS AT ANYTIME.
GENERAL WILDLIFE INFORMATION:
- All wildlife species may be seen at any time day or night. What should be reported to the Police Department is any animal which may appear to be sick (falling down in “drunk like fashion”, shaking, foaming at the mouth, acting disoriented).
- If you discover a bat inside your home please contact the Animal Control Officer via the Police Department, do not attempt to strike the bat in any manner as this may affect the ability to test the specimen. Please secure your property to prevent bats from entering your home. Such steps as capping your chimney, securing your attic, ensuring that dampers to fireplace, doors and screens are secured unless in use will prevent critters from entering your home.
IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT OR WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH THE ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER PLEASE CONTACT THE MAYNARD POLICE GENERAL INFORMATION LINE AT:
Jennifer A. Condon- Animal Control Officer
197 Main St.
Maynard, MA 01754